Thursday, September 25, 2008

Just found out that Mary Dunn died



Well, I never studied with Mary Dunn, but I always saw her name around, and I was always pretty sure that she did good work. I'm bummed to hear that she died, and I'm sure that she will be missed by alot of people. She was 66, and died of cancer, it happens to the best of us. I have heard that when yogis die, usually they are full of life and vigor right up until the very end, and often have a quick and painless drop off into the infinite. I hope this was true in her case.

I did read (skim) her blog, marydunn.blogspot.com, it is brief, and has a few notes by mary and her family. It has a very tender feel to it.
It notes that there will be a merorial service for mary on September 27, at 2pm, at the New York Iyengar Institute.

There is an article in the New York Times here

No comments:

Post a Comment