Sunday, May 2, 2010

Karma, Shakti, Mantra



I've wanted to learn this Ganesha Mantra from the Rig Veda for several years now, it has always struck me as being a chant that really conveys and connects with Ganesha Shakti. For some reason, it has always escaped me. I would try to learn it, and try as I might, it would slip through the cracks of my mind. I would put it on the back burner, and when I would later come back to it, I would experience the same frustration. For some reason, earlier this week, it clicked for me. I don't know why, and I don't know how, but I suppose that isn't for me to know. It might have been the time spent with the book 'Loving Ganesha' (link below), but I can't say for sure. I'm going to chalk it up to karma, and shakti. Like our Old Friend Krshna says in the Bhagavad Gita, 'No effort on the path is wasted'. So keep on practicing.

I hope you enjoy the above video, its not exactly the melody or tempo that I use, but it sure is pretty.

Gananam tva ganapating havamahe
[traditionally chanted ganapati gm]
kavinkavinam upamashravastamam,
jyeshtharajam brahmanam brahmanaspata
a nah shrinvan nutibhih sida sadanam


Mantra Text from the Himalayan Academy


Also, This book is a fabulous resource

No comments:

Post a Comment