Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Passing of Dr. Girish

December 3, 1954 – January 19, 2009


I don't know if any of you ever met Dr. Girish from Gongol Tree, India. I did once, over at the Groff's house. He talked about palmistry, and the stars, and God, and led a few very spirited chants. I showed him the wart that had been on my left hand for six years. He explained it in two sentences, and it was gone by the end of the month. A very dear man. I am saddened that I will never have his darshan again.

I'll close with a quote...

If you understand, things are just as they are.

If you don’t understand, things are just as they are.

Dr. Girish C. Jagirdar


1 comment:

  1. I was a student of Dr. GIrish lived in Gangotri India in the Himalayas when he was not traveling the world to reach out to his students. Today December 3rd is his birthday. We honor him with our love and memories knowing he is always with us.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangotri

    ReplyDelete