Saturday, December 20, 2008

I support organic farming, and local eating

I'm sure this comes as no shock to you, but I am a big fan of organic gardening, permaculture, buying local, and the slow food movement.

So, It is probably also no shock to hear that I was very disappointed to hear that President-Elect Obama is planning on appointing Tom Vilsack Secretary of Agriculture. Tom is buddies with the GMO giant Monsanto, and is really excited about genetically modified corn, cloned dairy cows and really innefficient and socially harmful biofuels. The Biotech Giants love him so much, they have named him 'BIO' Governor of the Year. Hooray!

Now, I don't sign alot of petitions, and I almost never sign online petitions, but I am moved, because I really, really, really, like clean, healthy food. I encourage you to do the same.

The Organic Consumers Association is calling on organic consumers and all concerned citizens to join our call to action and block Vilsack's confirmation as the next Secretary of Agriculture. Please help us reach our goal of 100,000 petition signatures against Vilsack' nomination. Sign today!
Your email will be sent to your Senators and the President-Elect's office.

Sign Here! (or at least educate yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment